Constance Lynn Hummel, MA RCC CCC
Hello and Welcome. My name is Constance and I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (#4009) and a Canadian Certified Counsellor (#1828). I hold a MA in Counselling Psychology from the Adler School of Professional Psychology, a BA in Psychology from the University of Victoria, and an Associate Power Coach Certification from Coaching and Leadership International. For the past 8 years I have worked with individuals and couples of all ages, genders, and sexual orientations with the goal of creating a safe place in which you can explore yourself and your situation in a new light. Choosing self growth is a courageous decision and I congratulate you for taking the first steps towards the life that you want.
In my counselling and coaching practice I work in a variety of areas including building fulfilling relationships including intimacy and sexual issues, as well as heartbreak, grief/loss and separation. I have specialized training in the Gottman Couples Therapy Method, Emotion Focused Therapy for Couples and Sex Therapy. As well, the focus of my graduate research explored the impact that sexual frequency has on sexual satisfaction, relationship satisfaction and self-esteem.
I also have a background in addictions treatment having worked in a residential treatment centre. I provide counselling for both those struggling with addiction and/or compulsive behaviours, and those trying to support them. In addition, I have expertise in working with adult children of alcoholics/substance users and the impact that parental addiction has on adult children.
Other issues I work with include anxiety and depression, as well as trauma and PTSD. Also, I work with individuals looking to improve their self-esteem, those focusing on personal growth / life balance, and those looking to build their communication skills such as boundary setting and assertiveness in their lives and in their businesses.
I am also certified to administer the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Strong Interest Inventory (SII), and the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI) for individuals, couples and groups.
In addition to my private practice, I currently work at the Adler School of Professional Psychology as the Coordinator of the Research Ethics Board and Instructor of the Pre-Practicum Counselling Skills Lab. Past work experience includes Business Mentoring with the Women in Leadership Foundation, and Assistant Branch Manager for BMO Bank of Montreal.
I invite you to call me at 604-353-3535 and we can discuss the next steps towards the life you deserve. I look forward to working with you.
- Adler School of Professional Psychology – Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology -1100 hr clinical practicum
- University of Victoria – Bachelor of Arts – Psychology
- University of Guelph – Sex Therapy Intensive Certification Program
- Coaching and Leadership International – Associate Power Coach Certification
Additional Clinical Training:
- BodyTalk Access – International BodyTalk Association
- Teaching and Supervising Students working with LGBTQ Clients – Kevin Osten, PhD
- Sexual Attitudes Reassessment (SAR) – Options for Sexual Health
- Gottman Couples Therapy Level II – Assessment, Interventions and Co-morbidities – Lawrence Stoyanowski, M.Sc, MFT & Darren Wilk MA
- Gottman Couples Therapy Level I – Bridging the Couples Chasm – Lawrence Stoyanowski, M.Sc, MFT & Darren Wilk MA
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy Core Skills, Veronica Kallos-Lilly PhD & Yolanda Von Hockauf PhD
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy Externship, Veronica Kallos-Lilly PhD & Yolanda Von Hockauf PhD
- Dating the Ethnic Man: Issues in Multicultural Relationships, Faizal Sahukan, PhD
- The Clinical Sexual Interview: Taking a Sex History, David Hersh, EdD
- Dreams & Dream Interpretation in Counselling & Psychotherapy, Chris A. Shelley, PhD
- Suicide Assessment & Treatment, Dammy Albach, MSW
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Joti Samra, PhD.
Owning Your Sexuality – Shanti Counselling Centre – 7 week process group for women exploring the various societal, cultural, familial, relational, and biological influences that impact sexuality and sexual expression.
Rediscovering Relationships - Shanti Counselling Centre – 6 week process group exploring the various roles we play in relationship, and how we can better establish and communicate our needs in a healthy, respectful way.
Seeking Safety - Pacifica Treatment Centre – 20 week standardized group for women dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and substance addiction recovery. Focused on life skills, symptom management and emotional containment.
Level I Safety & Stabilization and Level II Intensive Treatment - Pacifica Treatment Centre – Co-ed group treatment for substance abuse in a residential treatment centre
For more about me and my core values, please follow the below links:About Constance Core Values